The Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies program offers students of all backgrounds the opportunity to examine their assumptions and ask the big questions about our cultural and societal realities.
WGSS Feature Stories
- McWhorter named Chair
Dr. Ladelle McWhorter has been named the Stephanie Bennett-Smith Chair in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
- An Evening with Maestra Cherríe MoragaOct154:30 PM - 6:00 PMWGSS is delighted to offer our University an evening with Maestra Cherríe Moraga. Seeing the confluence of the 30th... Continue reading
- CCE Brown Bag: Parental Incarceration: When Children Do the Time for Daddy's CrimeOct2312:30 PM - 1:25 PMJoin us for this week's Brown Bag discussion on "Parental Incarceration: When Children Do the Time for Daddy's Crime"... Continue reading
- Women Presidents Around the WorldOct284:30 PM - 6:00 PMThe Rhetoric and Communication Studies Department welcomes Belinda A. Stillion Southard from the University of Georgia.... Continue reading
- Gender and AmbitionNov104:30 PM - 5:30 PMThe Jepson School of Leadership Studies and the Robins School of Business present Bonnie Marcus for a discussion on... Continue reading
- Viewing and Discussion of "The Hunting Ground"Jan266:00 PM - 7:30 PMThis documentary from Academy Award-nominated filmmakers Kirby Dick and Amy Ziering details sexual assault on U.S.... Continue reading
- American Injustice: Mercy, Humanity, and Making a DifferenceFeb296:00 PM - 8:00 PMBryan Stevenson is the founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative, a legal practice dedicated to... Continue reading
Call for Papers: The Language and Linguistics Student Conference, September 2015
Call for Papers: 17th Annual Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference for Undergraduate Scholarship, October 2015
Call for Papers: Feminism Here and Now: An Interdisciplinary Conversation, November 2015
Call for Papers: Catharine Stimpson Prize for Outstanding Feminist Scholarship, March 2016
Call for Papers: Gender, Body, and Technology Conference, April 2016
Call for Papers: International Feminist Journal of Politics, May 2016